ATLiens: The Georgia Dome
The name of this cocktail is pretty self explanatory. It's my ode to the beloved Georgia Dome of my beloved second home, Atlanta that was demolished last year.
During my college years in ATL, I spent so many drunken nights riding up and down Northside Drive partying in, next to or near the arena. It was impossible to miss and a staple in the community.
This is a toast to you!
- 2 ounces of Four Roses bourbon
- 1 ounce of simple syrup
- 1 ounce of fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 white peach
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- club soda
- ice cubes
- ice ball mold
- cocktail shaker
- Slice peach into 6 equal wedges.
- Coat a grill pan on high heat with coconut oil and sear peach wedges on both sides until they have dark, pronounce grill marks. Remove and allow them to cool.
- Combine peach 3 grilled peach wedges, one broken up sprig of rosemary, simple syrup, and grapefruit and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker.
- Muddle until peaches and rosemary are pulverized.
- Add ice cubes and shake well until chilled.
- Place ice ball in a glass tumbler.
- Strain bourbon-peach mixture the glass filled
- Top with club soda and garnish with grilled peach wedge and rosemary sprig.